Something that's important to me for Stripped is to feature people who are making tough choices, living beyond people's expectations of them and who are still figuring it all out. Experts are awesome, but it is way more relatable and still extremely inspiring, in my opinion, to hear from someone who is 5 big steps ahead and not 1,000. Cobi is someone I've technically known since the young age of 13 but who I haven't really been in contact with in a decade. In that span of time she has finished school, moved to New York, worked in fashion, become a yoga teacher, transitioned out of fashion and is now a Jin Shin Jyutsu practitioner/yoga instructor full time.
She is still figuring out how to make her new career path work and what the big picture looks like. One step at a time. Sometimes she feels discouraged and sometimes she is clear and focused. I can 100% relate to that. Transition, change, and creating a unique life or career isn't always easy. There isn't a set out road map. If you are getting to the place where you dread going to work each day, Cobi and I get it, but it doesn't have to be that way. You are one decision away from something different.
Plus, in the meantime Cobi will share a great way for you to get those feelings of stress, worry and anxiety to calm down.
Highlights From The Show:
- Beginning a career in fashion
- Changing directions, getting out of fashion and into yoga
- Creating a plan to transition out of your current job
- Is yoga really the answer?
- Is your passion a hobby or a career path?
- The pressure of outside expectations
- Making yourself miserable because of upholding someone else's expectations
- People will always doubt you and your decisions
- Practicing patience with business
- Jin Shin Jyutsu
- Keeping the energy flowing and not holding in the body to maintain wellbeing and health
- Small steps forward
Learn More About What Cobi's Up To: